Aout the relationship between skin rash and Narcolepsy. Second thought.

Thursday 21 May 2020

English

   Hello, everyone. I am Masa.

  The article about the relationship between a rash and Narcolepsy got a large response. I've realised that there are more patients who suffer from such rash than expected. 

    In the article, I inferred that the rash might come from autoimmune disease, an aspect of Narcolepsy. However, when I was reading the page of "Modanifil" on Wikipedia, I found an interesting description. About the side effect, it says,

 "severe skin rashes and other symptoms that are probably allergy-related"

    Wow, I didn't know this. Japanese Wikipedia doesn't refer it.  Then I started searching. I found two related theses. 



  The research shows that modafinil has potential for causing serious skin problems.  

       I suppose many people, like me, are told that "modafinil" is relatively safe and doesn't cause serious adverse reactions.  I think more research about side effects of Modnifil should be conducted.  At the same time, doctors should emphasise the possibility of skin rash when patients start to take them.

 (This article is written by an only patient, not professionals and this is personal research without evidence)