For Narcolepsy Sufferers: The quality of sleep depends on when you eat dinner !

Sunday 1 March 2020

English



      Hello, I am Masa. I barely keep working as a teacher at a public junior high school in Japan, suffering from Narcolepsy.

    This time, as to life with Narcolepsy, I'll tell you a piece of extremely important information, which improves the quality of sleep, and definitely helps you to live better. This is what I learned from my own experience of more than 10 years with Narcolepsy.

   The thing is the fact that the quality of sleep is determined by what time you finish dinner. This method is very simple with no side effects but brings about a great impact on your sleep. I strongly recommend you to try this.

    The hardest suffering of Narcolepsy for me is that I cannot stop falling asleep when it is never allowed at work. So in the first period of suffering, I managed to find a way to keep me awake. I pinched my arm and thigh again and again. I looked for drinks and chewing gums with the most caffeine. But in the end,  nothing could work. The reason, which is obvious, that I could not have enough sleep. This sleep refers to the quality, not only length.

    According to a sleep doctor, you should finish dinner at least 3 hours before going to bed because it takes for the digestive system about 3 hours to be settled down.

    It is revealed from research that the beginning of 180 minutes in sleep is vital (I believe if you suffer from Narcolepsy, you have already realised it, though). If there still remains food in your stomach and it have to keep working, your brain cannot focus on sleep (the strong connection between a brain and the intestines are also revealed from research). So you have to finish dinner 3 hours before sleeping and make sure that your brain are not troubled by digesting in the bigging 3 hours of your sleeping. 

  It is so hard to live with Narcolepsy, I know well. You have to keep this rule at any cost if you don't want to be misunderstood as lazy.